Before some decades, Sippikulam was famous for its Pearls and Shells. The beautiful village was located in Bay of Bengal coast line. One Island was there from 30 minutes drive by boat from seashore.
Sippikulam had been one of the 26 substations of the ancient Mission of Vembar served by Fr. Pankaru, a Jesuit priest since 1873. During the time of Fr. Adaikalanather (1889-1893), Sippikulam, Kallorani and Vepalodai came under the then Tiruchirapolly diocese from the governance of Mylapore diocese. In 1903 Bishop Berth laid foundation for the church at Sippikulam. Construction of the present church was started by Fr. Siluvaimuthunather in 1911 and completed by Fr. Soosaimanickam in 1915. It was consecrated by Bishop Basanthier.
Patron Saint: Our Lady of Dolours.
Feast of the Church: Month of September.
Tuticorin Dt - 628 903.
Ph.No : 04638-227250.
Veppalodai - St. Xavier Church
Kallorani - Christ the King Church
Kulathur - St. Antony Church