Subbiah vidyalayam girls' higher secondary school is located in Perumal puram road. The school named after the founder of the trust was established to serve the needs of girl students in and around thoothukudi.
Subbiah Dharmanidhi which was founded in 1934 by the boundless munificence of Sri.AR.A.Subbiah Nadar realised that emacipation of women was crucial in the progress of the society and decided to give thrust to their education. thus this school was established in 1945 a couple of years prior to the independence of the nation.
The then managing trustee Sri.AR.A.S.Arumugasamy Nadar along with his younger brother Sri.AR.A.S.Duraisamy Nadar and Sri.S.Natarajan toiled in the building up of the institution to the present crescendo Sri.D.Shenbagamurthi who assumed office as managing trustee in 1968 devoted his life to the cause of a literal education system for the children.
Sri.S.Natarajan during his tenure as secretary constructed the indoor auditorium in 1965 named after his nephew late Sri.D.Natesan. Sri.N.Rajagopalan as secretary worked hard in improving the quality of teaching and brought in assymetrical development of the school. Smt.N.Visalatha strove to make education a natural a natural and friendly activity for the young in the school. Sri.N.Subbiah was instrumental in bringing in a two storeyed concrete main building, cycle shed and a basket ball court.
The exta curricular activities are national cadet corps, national service scheme, national green corps, junior red cross, eco club, photo club, carnatic music, western music, dance, violin, band, table tennis, chess and hindi classes.
The parent teacher association is helping the management in improving the infrastructure and managing the affairs of the school. The help being rendered by the old students association is worthy of mention.
The neighbouring Subbiah Vidyalayam middle school established in 1939 by the founder of the trust has been integrated into the higher secondary school from june 2001.