The foundation for this school was laid in the year 1920 by Mr.Duraisamy Nadar. It was basically started as a primary school in the month of november.
In 1935 the hindu nadars community present in tuticorin helped in upbringing this school well. Mr.A.Natarajan in the year 1946 took efforts of his own and transformed the school into a middle school.
The school was then properly raised to a high school in the year 1951. On june 14th, 1953 under the head of Mr.V.V.Thanushkodi, eight classes were newly started by a great leader Kamarajar.
The english medium classes in this school was started in the year 1963. The school was made into a higher secondary school in 1978. Ever since the perception, this school has served to be one of the best schools in the town.
In 1987, a Vinayagar temple was built within the premises of the school. Everyday the school starts with a special prayer to Vinayagar.
Both the teaching and the non teaching staff of this school has always been a support in upbringing of the school to a position that it has attained in the present society.